Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hello world, it's me

After years of debating at cocktail parties, complaining to friends and family preaching my thoughts to the walls and defending Western Culture. I have finally decided to start sharing my "wisdom" with the world. I'm sure this will probably prevent me from running for President...but oh well, I'm too busy anyway.

I should probably start with an explanation for the title of my blog. To Ride, Shoot Straight & Speak the Truth is the title of a book by Jeff Cooper (a man who I hold a great deal of respect for and will be quoting often). The actual statement dates back to the great Kings of Persia. Who gave instructions that their sons be taken away from the palace and work as common men. They should have no luxuries and most importantly learn to ride like Cheiron, shoot like Apollo and always speak the truth.
They (as did Cooper) believed that struggle and hard work build character & compassion. Two things every leader should possess.

In my blog I will be discussing politics, weapons, women and the occasional adult beverage.  I will be quoting the works of Cooper, Reagan, Nugent, Fitzroy, Roosevelt (Teddy not his commie cousin) and others. If your tastes tend to run a little more towards concrete (I'll explain later), never fear, I will be entertaining and enlightening at the same time.


Feel free to post a comment, but remember this is my blog.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment